Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Pontiac G6 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Albuquerque. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are highly likely to switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Albuquerque is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
All the larger auto insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage on their websites. Getting Pontiac G6 insurance prices online is pretty painless as you just enter the coverages you want into the form. When complete, the system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on many factors.
Quoting online for Pontiac G6 insurance in Albuquerque makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the cheapest price possible.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you’re receiving a price comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Albuquerque, NM. To get cheap auto insurance in NM, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Protect your Pontiac vehicle and other assets
Even though Albuquerque G6 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in New Mexico and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Pontiac with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Rates and statistics
The rate information shown next covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Pontiac G6 models. Being more informed about how premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|G6 4-Dr Sedan
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can modify coverage prices considerably.
An analysis of deductible level
A question often asked by Albuquerque drivers is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The data tables below determine the difference in cost when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second set of prices uses a $500 deductible.
|G6 4-Dr Sedan
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|G6 4-Dr Sedan
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
Based on this data, using a $250 deductible costs about $12 more each month or $144 annually than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you usually have more than 21 months between claims, you would save more money if you choose a higher deductible.
How to calculate if a higher deductible is a good decision
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):
|Divide difference by monthly savings:
|$250 / $12
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Pontiac G6 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Pontiac G6 insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Pontiac G6 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Sign Online – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Albuquerque Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Pontiac G6 insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Albuquerque. To find companies with the best discounts in New Mexico, follow this link.
Buying insurance from Albuquerque auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent. Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Albuquerque car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Albuquerque, get answers to these questions.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Albuquerque?
- How many companies do they write for?
If you need to find a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Albuquerque that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Ron Pino – State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 Coors Blvd SW a – Albuquerque, NM 87121 – (505) 877-1391 – View Map
- Rick Buckner – State Farm Insurance Agent
9601 Sage Rd SW d – Albuquerque, NM 87121 – (505) 833-9596 – View Map
- Marty Saiz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1029 Montaño Rd NW – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 345-3431 – View Map
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to include several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agents in Albuquerque willing to provide price quote information.
- Commercial West Insurance
2616 Mesilla St NE #2 – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 255-9577 – View Map
- J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
- Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 294-1497 – View Map
Once you have satisfactory answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide insurance.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
When getting Albuquerque car insurance quotes online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce Pontiac G6 insurance premium rates online in Albuquerque. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Additional information can be found below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Felons in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)