How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable car insurance rates in Albuquerque, NM? Albuquerque consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Dodge Charger insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for your Dodge and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Albuquerque insurance agents.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for better prices are very likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is why you're reading this, then learning about how to quote and compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
You need to do price comparisons periodically due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Dodge Charger insurance in Albuquerque a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're about to learn the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Charger insurance in Albuquerque is to know the fact most insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information including the type of vehicles you drive, what you do for a living, driver ages, and your education level. That rating data is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Dodge Charger now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in New Mexico, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Charger insurance, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Charger has a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The information displayed next outlines estimates of insurance rates for Dodge Charger models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are established is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$250||$458||$488||$28||$146||$1,370||$114|
|Charger SXT AWD||$250||$458||$488||$28||$146||$1,370||$114|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$250||$528||$488||$28||$146||$1,440||$120|
|Charger R/T AWD||$274||$528||$488||$28||$146||$1,464||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Albuquerque which can modify rates noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions raise Dodge Charger insurance rates for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Charger annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the New Mexico minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Charger replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Sign Online - A few auto insurance companies will give a small break get Albuquerque auto insurance on the web.
- Discount for Good Grades - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Driving Data Discount - People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Charger auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, driver training, military active duty, good student, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, paperless, safe driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, safety device, renters, paid-in-full, homeowner, and claim free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
If you need affordable Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in Albuquerque.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When quoting and choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in New Mexico?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.