It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Cadillac ATS insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Albuquerque. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that most auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Albuquerque can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Albuquerque can be easy if you know a few tricks. Virtually every vehicle owner who shops for car insurance most likely will buy a cheaper policy. But New Mexico vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your car insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
When looking for low cost Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from many available insurance companies in New Mexico. The best method to comparison shop is to jump online and get quotes. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps locate the best offered rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in New Mexico. To locate the best cheap car insurance in New Mexico, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional in New Mexico
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Albuquerque, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Cadillac ATS with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Cadillac for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your ATS are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Albuquerque insurance quotes with discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current ATS insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get lower premium rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, daytime running lights, military active duty, air bags, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, claim-free
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, safe vehicle, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, multi-policy, age of vehicle, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for theft prevention, air bags, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, homeowners, driver training, and 55 and older.
- Allstate may have discounts that include farm vehicle, good payer, eSmart discount, FullPay discount, and new car.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Albuquerque.