If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Albuquerque.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper 200 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Sadly, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. New Mexico drivers could pocket up to 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Albuquerque, NM. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Albuquerque, NM, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Affordable Albuquerque auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, good student, and air bags.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple policy, accident-free, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, renters, Switch & Save, defensive driver, online shopper, safety device, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Albuquerque. To locate insurers who offer online Chrysler 200 insurance quotes in New Mexico, click this link.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your 200 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
New Mexico car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Albuquerque. The company ratings shown below can help you analyze which insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Should I buy only the required New Mexico minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Albuquerque car insurance agent
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Albuquerque.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Albuquerque who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When looking for a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents are either independent or exclusive. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Albuquerque independent agents who may provide free price quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Albuquerque willing to provide price quote information.
Picking an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Albuquerque?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?