Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in New Mexico being $1,240, drivers can save nearly $470 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Dodge Dakota insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Albuquerque. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for information to prevent expensive rate increases and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Best Dodge Dakota insurance price quotes in New Mexico
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in New Mexico. To get cheap auto insurance in Albuquerque, we recommend you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information shown next covers a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Dakota models. Having insight into how insurance quotes are figured helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$104||$224||$386||$22||$116||$852||$71|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$104||$224||$386||$22||$116||$852||$71|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$120||$224||$386||$22||$116||$868||$72|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$120||$224||$386||$22||$116||$868||$72|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$120||$264||$386||$22||$116||$908||$76|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$120||$264||$386||$22||$116||$908||$76|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$136||$224||$310||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$136||$224||$310||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$136||$264||$386||$22||$116||$924||$77|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$224||$310||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$136||$224||$310||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$224||$310||$18||$92||$780||$65|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$264||$310||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$264||$310||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$136||$264||$310||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$150||$264||$310||$18||$92||$834||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Mexico. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Dakota book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Earn discounts on Albuquerque car insurance
Some insurers do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Albuquerque car insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Albuquerque Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Albuquerque can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Dakota insurance premium.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts including home ownership, payment discounts, good student, multi-car, and student away at school.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
If you want affordable Dodge Dakota insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that help determine insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
More policies can equal more savings – The majority of companies give lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Responsible drivers pay the best prices – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. People who have flagrant tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Dodge Dakota annual premium costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Don’t buy extra coverages that aren’t used – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
How old are your drivers? – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft.
Liability insurance is important – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Consider raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Comparing rates from local Albuquerque auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Albuquerque car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agent help file claims?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agents in Albuquerque are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you will want to get insurance quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Albuquerque who can help you get comparison quotes.
J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
Cheaper car insurance in Albuquerque is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much are Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)