Would you like to buy more affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Albuquerque? Searching for better insurance prices for a Ford Freestar in New Mexico can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Ford and obtain the cheapest rates from Albuquerque insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your policy renews because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Ford Freestar insurance in Albuquerque a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Cheapest car insurance in Albuquerque, NM
The following companies provide quotes in New Mexico. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Albuquerque, NM, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Car Insurance Cheaper
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Listed below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rates.
Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your car from being stolen.
Where you live can modify prices – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities regularly have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Never allow your coverage to lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the New Mexico department of motor vehicles.
Frequent policy claims will cost more – Auto insurance companies in New Mexico generally give cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Bundle policies and save – Lots of insurance companies provide better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. Having the wrong rating on your Freestar may be costing you.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Freestar insurance in Albuquerque
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Most are applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Albuquerque car insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- Travelers may include discounts for continuous insurance, driver training, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, newly married, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Albuquerque car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Albuquerque, follow this link.
Local Albuquerque car insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Albuquerque that can provide free Albuquerque car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a local claims center in Albuquerque?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from local Albuquerque agents, there are two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque that are able to give price quotes.
- Rosendo Aragon – State Farm Insurance Agent
1808 Lomas Blvd NW b – Albuquerque, NM 87104 – (505) 247-2921 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eladio Muniz
1028 Eubank Blvd – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 291-0624 – View Map
- Bob Strilich – State Farm Insurance Agent
6751 Academy Rd NE a – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 823-9333 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Albuquerque that can give you comparison quotes.
- Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 881-2645 – View Map
- Sunset Insurance Corporation
1905 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 247-2578 – View Map
- Lorraine Y Chavez Insurance Agency, Inc.
8224 Louisiana Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87113 – (505) 821-7123 – View Map
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Discount Ford Freestar insurance in Albuquerque is possible from both online companies in addition to many Albuquerque insurance agents, so you need to quote Albuquerque car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just showed you many ways to compare Ford Freestar insurance car insurance rates in Albuquerque. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Albuquerque car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
How to buy low-cost Ford Freestar insurance in Albuquerque
The easiest way to get budget auto insurance rates in Albuquerque is to compare prices at least once a year from providers that insure vehicles in New Mexico.
- First, gain an understanding of car insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Freestar coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)