If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Albuquerque is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in New Mexico.
First, spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and poor credit can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who get price quotes annually are very likely to switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved about $860 a year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Albuquerque is your target objective, then learning a little about how to compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Rates?
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Amount of liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
- Expect high rates for teens – Inexperience drivers are proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Mercedes-Benz in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Make sure your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage. A policy that improperly rates your SLS AMG may be costing you higher rates.
Where can I get affordable Albuquerque Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance?
Finding a lower price on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in New Mexico. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mercedes-Benz but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Albuquerque
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching companies early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Albuquerque car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-theft, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, and good student.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, driver training, theft prevention, defensive driver, and homeowners.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Albuquerque. To find companies with significant discounts in Albuquerque, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Albuquerque car insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Albuquerque who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Albuquerque?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Albuquerque for you
When searching for local Albuquerque agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Either can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different since it could factor into the selection process.
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Albuquerque exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Rick Buckner – State Farm Insurance Agent
9601 Sage Rd SW d – Albuquerque, NM 87121 – (505) 833-9596 – View Map
- Emily Rivera – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Indian School Rd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87106 – (505) 294-3330 – View Map
- Ken Brudos – State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Coors Blvd NW – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 836-5060 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below are Albuquerque independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Associated Insurance Professionals, Inc
1429 Carlisle Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-3704 – View Map
- Menicucci Insurance Llc
2116 Vista Oeste NW Bldg 5 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 883-3683 – View Map
- J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
Car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a highly-rated car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Albuquerque. The rank data shown next may help you decide which companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Albuquerque is possible on the web and with local Albuquerque insurance agents, so you need to shop Albuquerque car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How Much are Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)