The best way we recommend to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Albuquerque is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in New Mexico. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Albuquerque. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers in New Mexico have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers can cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
When shopping for cheaper Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from lots of New Mexico insurance companies. The best method to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in New Mexico. In order to find cheap car insurance in Albuquerque, NM, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you do not double check each discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a safe driver class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies who may offer these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to view companies with discount rates in Albuquerque, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Albuquerque car insurance agents?
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Albuquerque.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Albuquerque who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Albuquerque for you
If you are wanting to find local Albuquerque agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Albuquerque can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to compare prices from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Albuquerque that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Cress Insurance
6101 Moon St NE #1000 – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 822-8114 – View Map
- J. B. Martin Insurance Agency
8500 Menaul Blvd NE #345 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 888-8846 – View Map
- Commercial West Insurance
2616 Mesilla St NE #2 – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 255-9577 – View Map
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Albuquerque that can give you rate quotes.
- Art Sandoval – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 Montgomery Blvd NE #19 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 338-0300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eladio Muniz
1028 Eubank Blvd – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 291-0624 – View Map
- John Marcelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
12611 Montgomery, Ste A3 – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 293-0100 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they been in business?
- Is there a local claims center in Albuquerque?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Albuquerque?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy Spark?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
How You Can Control Chevy Spark Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Vehicle features can affect prices – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Keep insurance claims to a minimum – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in New Mexico award most affordable rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
City traffic equals higher costs – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when talking about insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
Poor credit score equals high prices – Credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark by improving your rating. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
Driving citations drive up prices – Having a single citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Safer vehicles are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Having a spouse is a good thing – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Rates and occupation – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as judges, business owners, and financial analysts tend to have the highest average rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Spark has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Spark definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is the best auto insurance company in Albuquerque?
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in New Mexico. The company ratings below could help you choose which insurers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
You can find affordable coverage
We’ve covered many tips how you can save on Chevy Spark insurance in Albuquerque. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Spark rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Albuquerque can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Albuquerque Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)