Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Most drivers in Albuquerque could pocket nearly $474 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the benefits if they switched.
The easiest way to get low-cost Audi S5 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Albuquerque. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
First, try to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Do you qualify for discounts on Audi S5 insurance in Albuquerque?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Sign Online – Many companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the internet.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new S5 can get you a discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut your insurance premiums.
The example below compares Audi S5 auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Albuquerque. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in New Mexico, follow this link.
Reducing your insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. Drivers just need to invest a little time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to spend time driving to different Albuquerque agent offices. Shopping for insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the guidance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in New Mexico. To get the best auto insurance in New Mexico, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
The price information displayed below outlines different insurance costs for Audi S5 models. Learning a little about how premiums are figured can be of help when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$492||$310||$18||$92||$1,130||$94|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$492||$310||$18||$92||$1,130||$94|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$218||$442||$310||$18||$92||$1,080||$90|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$544||$310||$18||$92||$1,182||$99|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$544||$310||$18||$92||$1,182||$99|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$240||$492||$310||$18||$92||$1,152||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can drive up Audi S5 insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi S5 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Your credit score is important – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. People that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Audi S5 by repairing your credit.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in New Mexico generally give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Your occupation may affect rates – Jobs like military generals, social workers, and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from job stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Audi S5 insurance loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi S5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Audi S5 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi S5 2dr 4WD 197 85 161 68 Audi S5 Convertible 4WD 162 62 124BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my Audi S5 need full coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- If my Audi S5 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Can’t I compare prices from local Albuquerque auto insurance agents?
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Albuquerque should know the answers to these questions.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New Mexico?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
If you need to find a local Albuquerque insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Albuquerque can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Albuquerque exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Albuquerque that are able to give price quotes.
J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
Choosing Audi vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Albuquerque, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi S5 with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Audi S5 and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Audi gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in New Mexico overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Shop around and save
In this article, we covered many ways to save on Audi S5 insurance in Albuquerque. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Audi S5 rate quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
More affordable car insurance in Albuquerque is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Albuquerque agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)