How many years has it been since you compared cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque? No sane person anticipates paying for auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who rate shop once a year are likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved over $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance in Albuquerque is your objective, then understanding the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can make the process more efficient. Due to the large number of different company options, it’s nearly impossible to pick a more affordable auto insurance company.
You should take the time to compare premium rates occasionally because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque last year you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Choosing the best rates in Albuquerque is quite easy. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find the best rates without reducing coverage. You just have to use the most efficient way to compare company rates from many companies at once.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in NM, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in New Mexico
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford C-Max Hybrid in Albuquerque, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford C-Max Hybrid, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your C-Max Hybrid outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Discounts for married couples – Being married can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Gender and insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Accidents will cost you – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even a single moving violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. People who have multiple citations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to legally drive.
Combine policies and save – Most larger insurers will award discounts to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
Certain occupations pay higher prices – Jobs such as lawyers, social workers, and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates due to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Your age impacts your premiums – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers have been known to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Ford C-Max Hybrid historical loss data – Companies use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Albuquerque car insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get better car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Albuquerque car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, membership and employees, air bags, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for home ownership, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, good student, driver training, multi-car, and new car.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for preferred payment discount, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, new move discount, and newly married.
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
If you want cheaper Albuquerque car insurance quotes, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be available everywhere. To find companies offering car insurance discounts in New Mexico, click here.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Albuquerque auto insurance agent
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Albuquerque who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What companies can they write with?
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Albuquerque that may be able to provide price quote information for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque.
If you get satisfactory answers as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an provider that is professional and can service your policy. But keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume you are locked into the insurance policy for the full policy term.
Persistence will pay off
Discount Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Albuquerque agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Albuquerque car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Steps to finding affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who can sell car insurance in Albuquerque. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Albuquerque Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Albuquerque Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)