The recommended way to get low-cost Saturn Ion insurance in Albuquerque is to annually compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in New Mexico.
First, learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for additional tips to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Regrettably, most auto insurance policyholders in New Mexico have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save $860 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, use these techniques to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Albuquerque can initially seem challenging. Drivers just need to know the best way to find the lowest price from many different companies online.
Finding a lower price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is take time comparing rates from some recommended companies.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional advice of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in New Mexico. In order to find cheap car insurance in Albuquerque, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Saturn Ion insurance discounts in Albuquerque
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- E-sign – Many companies will provide an incentive shop Albuquerque auto insurance over the internet.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy premium.
Insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Saturn Ion, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for New Mexico auto insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in New Mexico. The information below may help you decide which providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to your policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What if I total my Saturn Ion and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Saturn Ion?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many drivers would rather go talk to an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Albuquerque.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Albuquerque who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Albuquerque
When finding a good Albuquerque insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Albuquerque agents may be either independent or exclusive. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Albuquerque that may be able to give you free price quotes.
J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Albuquerque exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the agent properly licensed in New Mexico?