Trying to find more affordable Saturn VUE insurance in Albuquerque? Finding cheaper Saturn VUE insurance in Albuquerque may be quite difficult for drivers not familiar with quoting and comparing rates online. Since there are so many online companies, it can be a real hassle to find a more affordable company.
How to find affordable Saturn VUE insurance in Albuquerque
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Saturn VUE insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Albuquerque.
- First, read about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for the cheapest rate are likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved as much as $850 each year compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to find and compare auto insurance can help you be more efficient.
Buying affordable auto insurance in Albuquerque is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have auto insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, New Mexico drivers must understand the way insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Affordable auto insurance in Albuquerque, NM
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Albuquerque, NM. To get cheap auto insurance in NM, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Saturn VUE models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are formulated is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Vue XE 2WD||$170||$266||$434||$26||$130||$1,026||$86|
|Vue XR 2WD||$170||$324||$434||$26||$130||$1,084||$90|
|Vue XR-L 2WD||$192||$324||$434||$26||$130||$1,106||$92|
|Vue XR AWD||$192||$324||$434||$26||$130||$1,106||$92|
|Vue XR-L AWD||$192||$382||$434||$26||$130||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Albuquerque which can increase or decrease premiums substantially.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Saturn VUE insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no set guideline to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Saturn VUE replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Get cheaper rates on Saturn VUE insurance in Albuquerque with these insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
- Albuquerque Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Albuquerque auto insurance but check with your company.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing on their website.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below illustrates the difference between Saturn VUE insurance premiums with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, driver training, and renewal discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts including defensive driver, premier discount, anti-lock brakes, resident student, multi-policy, farm vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide has discounts for defensive driving, family plan, accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free
If you are trying to find affordable Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in New Mexico, follow this link.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Your location is a factor – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive your Saturn annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated VUE can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Increase deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Buy as much liability as you can afford – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Albuquerque car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Albuquerque auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking a provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Albuquerque should know the answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where are claims handled?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How long have they been in business?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you want to use a local Albuquerque insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Albuquerque can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Albuquerque exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Marty Saiz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1029 Montaño Rd NW – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 345-3431 – View Map
- Steve Kunkle – State Farm Insurance Agent
1336 Wyoming Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 292-5940 – View Map
- Mike Volk – State Farm Insurance Agent
3716 Central Ave SE – Albuquerque, NM 87108 – (505) 232-2886 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Albuquerque who can help you get rate quotes.
- J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
- Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 294-1497 – View Map
- J. B. Martin Insurance Agency
8500 Menaul Blvd NE #345 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 888-8846 – View Map
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
Lower-priced insurance in Albuquerque is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding better rates for Saturn VUE insurance in Albuquerque
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Saturn VUE insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Albuquerque.
- Get an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)