Wish you could get a refund on an overpriced insurance policy? It’s quite common and you’re not alone.
Unbelievably, most insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Albuquerque can cut their rates by as much as 40% a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
How to find better rates for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Albuquerque
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Albuquerque is to compare prices regularly from insurers in New Mexico. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Albuquerque. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An important note is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Since consumers have many companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Dodge Ram 2500 in Albuquerque, it’s difficult to pick the most affordable insurance provider.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage before your next renewal because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Albuquerque last year there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to learn the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Albuquerque is not rocket science. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most effective way to compare insurance rates online.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Albuquerque auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, good driver, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including bundle discounts, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, good student, distant student, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, driver training, federal employee, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for company car, multiple vehicles, student away at school, safe driver, paperless, safe vehicle, and mature driver.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, and driver training.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, family discount, multi-policy, vehicle storage, new vehicle, and multi-vehicle.
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Albuquerque, click this link.
Reducing your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. You just have to take a couple of minutes to compare rates to find the company with inexpensive Albuquerque auto insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it replaces the need to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Quoting Dodge Ram 2500 insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Albuquerque, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Facts and figures for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance
The rate information shown below showcases a range of policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are figured can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$320||$494||$476||$28||$142||$1,460||$122|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$320||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,536||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$320||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,536||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$320||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,536||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$320||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,536||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$320||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,536||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$356||$494||$476||$28||$142||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$356||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,572||$131|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$356||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,572||$131|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$356||$494||$476||$28||$142||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$356||$494||$476||$28||$142||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$356||$644||$476||$28||$142||$1,646||$137|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$356||$644||$476||$28||$142||$1,646||$137|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$356||$494||$476||$28||$142||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$356||$494||$476||$28||$142||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$356||$494||$476||$28||$142||$1,496||$125|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$394||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,610||$134|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$394||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,610||$134|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$394||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,610||$134|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$394||$570||$476||$28||$142||$1,610||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Albuquerque garaging location which can impact coverage prices considerably.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in New Mexico?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Albuquerque?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
New Mexico auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the right car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in New Mexico. The rank data shown next can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premium rates in Albuquerque. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Albuquerque is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Albuquerque auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
How to find cheaper quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Albuquerque
The best way we recommend to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Albuquerque is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in New Mexico. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, read about how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Ram 2500 insurance. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to place the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Albuquerque, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- How Much are Albuquerque Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)