We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who rate shop once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning about the best way to quote and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Albuquerque is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in New Mexico.
- First, try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional ideas to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Albuquerque seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using these methods. Smart buyers just have to know the quickest way to shop for insurance from many different companies.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates for Ford Escape insurance in Albuquerque is to understand most of the larger companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as deductibles desired, daily mileage, how you use your vehicles, and whether you have decent credit. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple auto insurance providers and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford Escape now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Albuquerque, NM. In order to find cheap car insurance in NM, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Albuquerque auto insurance quote.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Escape insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
To locate providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in New Mexico, follow this link.
Ford Escape coverage analysis
The price information displayed next showcases estimates of coverage costs for Ford Escape models. Knowing how prices are figured can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$198||$318||$282||$16||$84||$898||$75|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$198||$318||$282||$16||$84||$898||$75|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$198||$318||$282||$16||$84||$898||$75|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$226||$318||$282||$16||$84||$926||$77|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$226||$318||$282||$16||$84||$926||$77|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$226||$386||$282||$16||$84||$994||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can affect auto insurance rates greatly.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Escape insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- How many miles do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. An improperly rated Escape is just wasting money.
- Do thieves like your car? – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Marriage reduces risk – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Only buy coverage you need – Policies have additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Too many car insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Companies in New Mexico give the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
- City traffic equals higher rates – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers regularly have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Loss statistics for a Ford Escape – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Ford Escape Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies can help
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Two types of Albuquerque car insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Albuquerque can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can influence your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Albuquerque who can help you get price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5317 Menaul Boulevard Northeast – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-1600 – View Map
- Erin Carnett – State Farm Insurance Agent
10200 Golf Course Rd NW a – Albuquerque, NM 87114 – (505) 898-4273 – View Map
- Ray Pratt – State Farm Insurance Agent
9998 Montgomery Blvd NE a – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 298-7579 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you will want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Albuquerque who can help you get rate quotes.
- Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 881-2645 – View Map
- Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 294-1497 – View Map
- Berger Briggs Real Estate and Insurance Inc
4333 Pan American Fwy – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 247-0444 – View Map
Find cheap rates by being thorough
People change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Albuquerque is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Ford Escape insurance in Albuquerque. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)