Locating better insurance prices for a new or used Ford F-350 in New Mexico could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Ford and locate the best price possible from Albuquerque insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on Ford F-350 insurance in Albuquerque a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, use these techniques to find the best rates without reducing protection. Quoting and comparing rates for affordable car insurance coverage in Albuquerque can be fairly easy. Consumers just need to use the fastest way to compare company rates on the web.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get price estimates on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford F-350 insurance in Albuquerque is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages into the quote form. When complete, the quote system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get cheaper rates.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a price comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Albuquerque, NM. To get cheap car insurance in New Mexico, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insurance data for a Ford F-350
The premium information shown below highlights different insurance policy prices for Ford F-350 models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can be valuable when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$224||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,476||$123|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$224||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,476||$123|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$250||$390||$390||$24||$116||$1,170||$98|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$250||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$250||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,238||$103|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$250||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,238||$103|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$250||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$250||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$250||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$250||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$250||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$250||$458||$584||$34||$176||$1,502||$125|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$250||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,238||$103|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$250||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,238||$103|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$250||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,238||$103|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$250||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$250||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$250||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$250||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$250||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$250||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$250||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,572||$131|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$274||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$274||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$274||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$274||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$274||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$458||$390||$24||$116||$1,262||$105|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,596||$133|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,596||$133|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,596||$133|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,596||$133|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$528||$390||$24||$116||$1,332||$111|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$528||$390||$24||$116||$1,332||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$528||$390||$24||$116||$1,332||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$528||$390||$24||$116||$1,332||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$528||$390||$24||$116||$1,332||$111|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,596||$133|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$274||$528||$584||$34||$176||$1,596||$133|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$528||$390||$24||$116||$1,332||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$274||$528||$390||$24||$116||$1,332||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premium rates considerably.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Albuquerque
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-350 car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the New Mexico minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-350 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Three reasons to insure your F-350
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford F-350 in Albuquerque, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Teen drivers pay higher prices – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Responsible drivers pay less – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with license-revoking tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims influence Ford F-350 auto insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut premiums – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Drive lots and pay more – The higher the miles on your Ford in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your auto insurance coverage is rated on the right rating data. An incorrectly rated F-350 is throwing money out the window.
Lower rates for married couples – Your spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance bill. It is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford F-350 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Ford F-350 claim statistics – Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford F-350 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-350 4WD||78||54|
|Ford F-350 SuperCab 4WD||66||90||98|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 2WD||108||232|
|Ford F-350 SuperCrew 4WD||96||134||179||47||44||90|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Albuquerque and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on their website.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-350 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, student away at school, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, and drive less.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, teen driver, and switch companies.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good student, and education and occupation.
- USAA may offer discounts for vehicle storage, new vehicle, annual mileage, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you want the cheapest Ford F-350 rate quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply everywhere. To find providers who offer cheap Ford F-350 insurance quotes in Albuquerque, click this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford F-350?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to participating agents in Albuquerque who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If they are an independent agency in Albuquerque, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Albuquerque?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you are wanting to find a local Albuquerque insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Albuquerque are either exclusive or independent. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Albuquerque who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Sam Sample – State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Osuna Rd NE #514 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 341-1000 – View Map
- Jesse Dompreh – State Farm Insurance Agent
5850 Eubank NE, Ste B34 – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 294-4422 – View Map
- Francis Harding – State Farm Insurance Agent
4420 4th St NW – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 242-6231 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Albuquerque willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Daniels Insurance Inc
320 Gold Ave SW # 700 – Albuquerque, NM 87102 – (505) 766-9676 – View Map
- Sunset Insurance Corporation
1905 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 247-2578 – View Map
- Menicucci Insurance Llc
2116 Vista Oeste NW Bldg 5 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 883-3683 – View Map
Shop around and save
Cheaper Ford F-350 insurance in Albuquerque is possible from both online companies in addition to many Albuquerque insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Ford F-350 insurance prices online in Albuquerque. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Albuquerque car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Ford F-350 insurance in Albuquerque
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Ford F-350 insurance in Albuquerque is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in New Mexico.
- It will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Albuquerque, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Albuquerque Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- How Much is Albuquerque Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)