The easiest way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Albuquerque is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in New Mexico. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for ideas to prevent rate hikes and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare similar coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who rate shop once a year are highly likely to switch companies because the odds are good of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Albuquerque is your goal, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you are insured now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Locating the lowest-priced auto insurance in Albuquerque is not as hard as you may think. But New Mexico drivers must know how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rate quotes in New Mexico
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in New Mexico. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Albuquerque, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Rates may be lower depending on your employer – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as doctors, executives, and dentists tend to have the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Marriage is a bonus – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
High performance equals high premiums – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Consolidating policies can get discounts – The majority of insurance companies afford discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
More traffic means higher claims – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
Cheaper Albuquerque auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Albuquerque auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Albuquerque auto insurance on their website.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Albuquerque may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, drive less, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free
- 21st Century has savings for early bird, teen driver, good student, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurers that offer multiple discounts in New Mexico, click this link.
Local Albuquerque car insurance agents
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agents is definitely important in Albuquerque.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Albuquerque agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Albuquerque independent insurance agents that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 881-2645 – View Map
- J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
- Menicucci Insurance Llc
2116 Vista Oeste NW Bldg 5 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 883-3683 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Steve Kunkle – State Farm Insurance Agent
1336 Wyoming Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 292-5940 – View Map
- State Farm: Nancy Berch
2716 San Pedro Dr NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 881-1008 – View Map
- Aimee Abeyta – State Farm Insurance Agent
12836 Lomas Blvd NE a – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 292-3990 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How long has their agency been open in Albuquerque?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Quote often and quote early
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to find affordable Cadillac XLR insurance in Albuquerque. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Cadillac XLR insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
When searching for affordable Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed car insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)