If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Buick Enclave insurance in Albuquerque is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in New Mexico.
- Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Albuquerque. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
An important note is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It's an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on Buick Enclave insurance in Albuquerque is your ultimate objective, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Comparing quotes for the most affordable insurance in Albuquerque is not as hard as you think. Drivers just have to learn the most efficient way to shop over the internet.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get coverage price quotes direct online. The process is quite simple as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system will obtain your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Buick Enclave insurance in Albuquerque streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest payment on auto insurance.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you're receiving a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in New Mexico. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Albuquerque, NM, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Good Drivers - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Buick Enclave annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, driver training, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for ease of repair, multi-policy, annual mileage, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, distant student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, multi-car, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paperless, group or association, safe vehicle, student away at school, and paid in full.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new move discount, new vehicle discount, safety features, multi-policy, newly retired, and good student.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safety rewards, drive less, and safe driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- USAA may offer discounts for loyalty savings, annual mileage, vehicle storage, family discount, multi-vehicle, military installation, and safe driver.
When getting free Albuquerque car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in New Mexico, click here to view.
Buick Enclave coverage statistics
The coverage table displayed next covers different insurance policy prices for Buick Enclave models. Being more informed about how rate quotes are calculated can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$168||$304||$328||$20||$98||$918||$77|
|Enclave CX AWD||$168||$304||$328||$20||$98||$918||$77|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$168||$304||$328||$20||$98||$918||$77|
|Enclave XL AWD||$188||$304||$328||$20||$98||$938||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices greatly.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can impact Buick Enclave premium costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Buick Enclave insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The example below shows the difference between Buick Enclave insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn't a written rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Buick Enclave book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
How You Can Control Buick Enclave Insurance Prices
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Your location is important - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
How many miles do you drive? - The higher the mileage driven every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Enclave is throwing money out the window. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Adjust coverage deductibles and save - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Buick. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, vandalism, or theft. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
High credit scores save money - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Enclave by repairing your credit.
Buick Enclave insurance loss probability - Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD||85||101||83||67||63||81|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD||93||110||92||64||62||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying car insurance from Albuquerque auto insurance agents
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Albuquerque should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in New Mexico?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
If you want local Albuquerque agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Albuquerque who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- John Marcelli - State Farm Insurance Agent
12611 Montgomery, Ste A3 - Albuquerque, NM 87111 - (505) 293-0100 - View Map
- Ron Pino - State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 Coors Blvd SW a - Albuquerque, NM 87121 - (505) 877-1391 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Krista L. Sanchez
3300 San Mateo Blvd NE e - Albuquerque, NM 87110 - (505) 255-3371 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Albuquerque willing to provide rate quotes.
- Associated Insurance Professionals, Inc
1429 Carlisle Blvd NE - Albuquerque, NM 87110 - (505) 265-3704 - View Map
- Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 - Albuquerque, NM 87109 - (505) 881-2645 - View Map
- J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE - Albuquerque, NM 87110 - (505) 299-7444 - View Map
Quote. Compare. Save.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal or even delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies don't offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Cost effective Buick Enclave insurance is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about car insurance in New Mexico is available at the links below
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Company Car in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)