It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved on average $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on Lexus IS 300 insurance in Albuquerque is why you’re reading this, then understanding the best way to shop and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The best way to find cheaper Lexus IS 300 insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who sell insurance in Albuquerque.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Find an Albuquerque insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies do not list every discount they offer very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Lexus IS 300 insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, military active duty, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, teen driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, student driver, 55 and older, and early bird.
- American Family discounts include air bags, defensive driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Albuquerque. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Albuquerque, click this link.
Compare Lexus IS 300 insurance rates
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in New Mexico. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Lexus IS 300 Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better insurance rates.
The list below includes most of the major factors companies use to determine rates.
- Age of drivers impacts prices – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving with friends and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Adding a inexperienced driver to your policy can break the bank. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Lexus IS 300 if you clean up your credit.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Buying insurance from Albuquerque insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Albuquerque who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Albuquerque?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Albuquerque are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque that are able to give price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can write business amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to include several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agencies in Albuquerque who can help you get price quote information.
Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 294-1497 – View Map
Why you need Lexus IS 300 insurance in New Mexico
Even though Albuquerque IS 300 insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus IS 300, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Lexus IS 300. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
We’ve covered a lot of ways to compare Lexus IS 300 insurance prices in Albuquerque. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Albuquerque auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Albuquerque can be purchased both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Albuquerque auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for State Employees in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)