It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on insurance is your intention, then learning a little about how to compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Albuquerque is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in New Mexico.
Step 1: Try to learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Versa insurance in Albuquerque. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Albuquerque is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Comparison shoppers just have to use the most time-saving way to compare prices from many different companies online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes to see which company has cheaper Albuquerque auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in New Mexico, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Versa insurance, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Nissan Versa insurance rates and statistics
The price information shown next outlines estimates of insurance rates for Nissan Versa models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are calculated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$206||$412||$322||$20||$96||$1,056||$88|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$242||$590||$322||$20||$96||$1,270||$106|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$242||$590||$322||$20||$96||$1,270||$106|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$278||$680||$322||$20||$96||$1,396||$116|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$278||$680||$322||$20||$96||$1,396||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can change auto insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Nissan Versa insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions raise Nissan Versa car insurance rates for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Versa insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Versa auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Save a ton on Nissan Versa insurance in Albuquerque with these discounts
Some providers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Albuquerque auto insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Versa is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to study driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Albuquerque auto insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below shows the difference between Nissan Versa premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how you can save money. Some credits might not apply in your area. To locate insurers with significant discounts in New Mexico, follow this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Nissan Versa?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in New Mexico?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.