It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced Acura RDX insurance in Albuquerque is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in New Mexico.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a negative credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Albuquerque could save an average of approximately $500 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give prices from their websites. The process is very simple because you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Once entered, the quote system collects your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors. Getting online price quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Albuquerque makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to perform this step in order to get cheaper car insurance pricing.
To find out if lower rates are available, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in New Mexico. To buy the best car insurance in New Mexico, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Albuquerque RDX insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in New Mexico overpays more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage table displayed below covers a range of insurance prices for Acura RDX models. Having insight into how policy premiums are determined can help drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$158||$286||$282||$16||$84||$826||$69|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$158||$286||$282||$16||$84||$826||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in zip code location which can influence price quotes considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Acura RDX insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Albuquerque
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Acura RDX premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura RDX auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Acura RDX replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Acura RDX insurance in Albuquerque
Companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Albuquerque car insurance online.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a safe driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new RDX can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura RDX insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, good student, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, mature driver, business and professional, good student, teen driver, and early shopping.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, easy pay, accident-free, family plan, good student, and anti-theft.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.