The best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Albuquerque is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in New Mexico.
- Learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic citations and a substandard credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Albuquerque could save almost $474 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates.
Best companies for affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in New Mexico
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in New Mexico. To find the best car insurance in New Mexico, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage information displayed below covers estimates of coverage costs for Toyota Tundra models. Knowing how rates are figured can help guide drivers when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$170||$294||$350||$20||$104||$938||$78|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$194||$356||$350||$20||$104||$1,024||$85|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$194||$356||$350||$20||$104||$1,024||$85|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$220||$356||$350||$20||$104||$1,050||$88|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$220||$356||$350||$20||$104||$1,050||$88|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$220||$356||$350||$20||$104||$1,050||$88|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$220||$420||$350||$20||$104||$1,114||$93|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$220||$420||$350||$20||$104||$1,114||$93|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$244||$420||$350||$20||$104||$1,138||$95|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$244||$420||$350||$20||$104||$1,138||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premium rates significantly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Toyota Tundra insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Tundra insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing on the internet.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Albuquerque can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving manner remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Tundra auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include mature driver, bundle discounts, pay in full, homeowner, early shopping, multi-car, and business and professional.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- USAA may have discounts that include vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, family discount, driver training, and military installation.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Albuquerque. To find companies with discount rates in New Mexico, click here.
When to get advice from an agent
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Albuquerque that can provide free Albuquerque car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
When finding a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Albuquerque can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Albuquerque who may provide you with price quote information.
- Paul Maestas – State Farm Insurance Agent
111 Coors Blvd NW, Ste C7 – Albuquerque, NM 87121 – (505) 831-3725 – View Map
- Rosendo Aragon – State Farm Insurance Agent
1808 Lomas Blvd NW b – Albuquerque, NM 87104 – (505) 247-2921 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eladio Muniz
1028 Eubank Blvd – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 291-0624 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are Albuquerque independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Sunset Insurance Corporation
1905 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 247-2578 – View Map
- Berger Briggs Real Estate and Insurance Inc
4333 Pan American Fwy – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 247-0444 – View Map
- Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 294-1497 – View Map
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Tundra to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, funeral costs and nursing services. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Toyota Tundra.
Since many New Mexico drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (New Mexico limits are 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, bail bonds, medical expenses, structural damage and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. New Mexico state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
How to find a good Albuquerque car insurance company
Picking the top auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in New Mexico. The company ratings in the lists below may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
How much can you save?
When buying insurance coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in Albuquerque can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Albuquerque Car Insurance for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)