To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Kia Spectra insurance in Albuquerque is to regularly compare prices from different companies who sell insurance in New Mexico.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to find cheap rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Spectra coverage is available in Albuquerque. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who perform rate comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Kia Spectra insurance in Albuquerque is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Shopping for affordable auto insurance policy in Albuquerque is not as difficult as people think. Nevertheless, New Mexico drivers should learn the way companies determine premium rates.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Albuquerque is to understand auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like what you do for a living, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how much school you completed, and whether you are single or married. Your rating data is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Albuquerque, NM. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Albuquerque, NM, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional in New Mexico
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Albuquerque, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Albuquerque is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get affordable rates on Kia Spectra insurance in Albuquerque with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in New Mexico, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Albuquerque insurance agencies?
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Albuquerque who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Albuquerque should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Albuquerque?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
If you want a reputable agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque that can give you price quote information.
- Rosendo Aragon – State Farm Insurance Agent
1808 Lomas Blvd NW b – Albuquerque, NM 87104 – (505) 247-2921 – View Map
- Art Sandoval – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 Montgomery Blvd NE #19 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 338-0300 – View Map
- Bob Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
3613 NM-528 B – Albuquerque, NM 87114 – (505) 898-9505 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Albuquerque that are able to give rate quotes.
- Associated Insurance Professionals, Inc
1429 Carlisle Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-3704 – View Map
- Menicucci Insurance Llc
2116 Vista Oeste NW Bldg 5 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 883-3683 – View Map
- Cress Insurance
6101 Moon St NE #1000 – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 822-8114 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
New Mexico car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the top auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in New Mexico. The ranking information below could help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Kia Spectra insurance in Albuquerque. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Albuquerque auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Cheap Kia Spectra insurance in Albuquerque is attainable both online and with local Albuquerque insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Albuquerque Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)