Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Albuquerque could cut their rates by about 40% a year, but they just don’t want to go online and compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Kia Amanti insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Albuquerque.
First, gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to get better rates and find additional discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Low Cost companies for Kia Amanti insurance
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in New Mexico. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Kia Amanti insurance in Albuquerque with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, easy pay, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, theft prevention, air bags, student driver, and homeowners.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, good student, distant student, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- Allstate may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, resident student, new car, and economy car.
If you want inexpensive Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not apply in your area. To see companies who offer cheap Kia Amanti insurance quotes in New Mexico, follow this link.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Liability insurance limits are a factor – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are found liable for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Deter theft and pay less – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
Excellent credit scores equal low premiums – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Amanti if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Male premiums may be higher – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Do you really need to file those claims? – Insurance companies in New Mexico generally give discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does my Kia Amanti need full coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Albuquerque.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Albuquerque who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Albuquerque should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Albuquerque?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Quote more to save more
In this article, we covered many ideas to find lower-cost Kia Amanti insurance in Albuquerque. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)