Do you want the cheapest insurance rates in Albuquerque, NM? Albuquerque buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Kia Optima Hybrid insurance. They can either waste time driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Kia and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Albuquerque agents.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to tell you how car insurance companies work and how to save the most money. Drivers only need to know the proper methods to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Affordable Kia insurance rates in Albuquerque
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in New Mexico. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Albuquerque, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque
Some providers don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Albuquerque can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in New Mexico, click here.
How Your Optima Hybrid Insurance Costs are Determined
It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Safer cars mean better auto insurance rates – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Costs for men may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Tickets can increase premiums – Even a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- High credit equals lower costs – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Your age impacts your costs – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Marriage pays dividends – Your spouse actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower premiums with continuous coverage – Driving without insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- No claims equals lower rates – Companies in New Mexico award most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Optima Hybrid – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Albuquerque.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Albuquerque who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Albuquerque can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can sell auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Albuquerque who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Associated Insurance Professionals, Inc
1429 Carlisle Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-3704 – View Map
- Menicucci Insurance Llc
2116 Vista Oeste NW Bldg 5 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 883-3683 – View Map
- J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Albuquerque that can give you comparison quotes.
- Marty Saiz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1029 Montaño Rd NW – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 345-3431 – View Map
- Greg Shamas – State Farm Insurance Agent
9680 Eagle Ranch Rd NW #2 – Albuquerque, NM 87114 – (505) 898-3648 – View Map
- Mike Volk – State Farm Insurance Agent
3716 Central Ave SE – Albuquerque, NM 87108 – (505) 232-2886 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How long has their agency been open in Albuquerque?
- Does their agency support local causes in Albuquerque?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Do the work, save more money
We just presented a lot of ways to find affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
When searching for inexpensive Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque is available online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to find better rates for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Albuquerque is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in New Mexico. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)