It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Kia Soul insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who provide car insurance in Albuquerque. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding and poor credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover the details to help prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Albuquerque. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Statistics show that the vast majority of New Mexico insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save almost 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Buying affordable insurance in Albuquerque is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Nevertheless, New Mexico consumers must learn the way insurance companies calculate their prices.
Compare Albuquerque Kia Soul insurance quotes
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you should also compare quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Albuquerque, NM. To get the best auto insurance in Albuquerque, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheap Kia Soul insurance in Albuquerque
Some insurers don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Albuquerque may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing on their website.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable companies to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the premium cost.
The example below shows the difference between Kia Soul insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, ease of repair, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, multi-policy, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, driver training, early bird, good student, and 55 and older.
- Allstate may offer discounts for premier plus, teenSMART discount, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, passive restraint, and safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see insurance companies who offer free Kia Soul insurance quotes in Albuquerque, click here to view.
Kia Soul detailed coverage information
The coverage table displayed next outlines estimates of coverage costs for Kia Soul models. Having a good understanding how insurance quotes are formulated can help guide drivers when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change auto insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Kia Soul insurance premiums for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Reckless driving habits raise Albuquerque car insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions drive up Kia Soul insurance prices for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Kia Soul liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Kia Soul yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Soul replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Albuquerque Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- More miles driven equals more premium – The more you drive your Kia in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Soul is just wasting money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Women tend to take less risk – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the difference between Kia Soul car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Your employer and insurance rates – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, police officers, and miners usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers like actors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most major insurance companies allow lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Rates impacted by your city – Living in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
Insurance loss data for a Kia Soul – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Soul Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local insurance agents
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Albuquerque.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Albuquerque who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When narrowing the list to find local Albuquerque agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Albuquerque that may be able to provide price quote information.
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Albuquerque exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cost effective Kia Soul insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Albuquerque insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When searching for cheaper Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Nurses in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)