If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Kia Stinger insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Albuquerque.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved about $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for Kia Stinger insurance is your target objective, learning how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
To find cheaper rates, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many different New Mexico insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive Kia Stinger insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. Just remember that more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get online Albuquerque Stinger insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Albuquerque, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Stinger in Albuquerque, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Kia but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I buy only the required New Mexico minimum liability coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Kia Stinger?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Stinger from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Stinger to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Stinger.
Since many New Mexico drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in New Mexico), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, loss of income, funeral expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. New Mexico requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Cover all your bases
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your Kia Stinger insurance rates in Albuquerque. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Albuquerque auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Albuquerque auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When you buy Albuquerque auto insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)