A recent auto insurance study discovered that most drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in New Mexico being $1,200, drivers could save up to $474 a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Albuquerque is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in New Mexico. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Comparison shopping for affordable auto insurance in Albuquerque is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, every driver who has to purchase auto insurance will more than likely be able to save money. Although New Mexico consumers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in New Mexico. In order to find cheap auto insurance in NM, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Lexus vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Albuquerque, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus GS 200t, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Lexus GS 200t. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Albuquerque
Some companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Albuquerque car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Albuquerque attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper GS 200t insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to analyze driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
A few companies who may offer most of the discounts above are:
When getting free Albuquerque car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Albuquerque. To locate providers with discount insurance rates in Albuquerque, click here to view.
Compare rates but work with a local Albuquerque insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Albuquerque.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Albuquerque that can give you free Albuquerque car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to buy insurance from a local Albuquerque insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Albuquerque who may provide comparison quotes.
- Menicucci Insurance Llc
2116 Vista Oeste NW Bldg 5 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 883-3683 – View Map
- Sunset Insurance Corporation
1905 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 247-2578 – View Map
- Daniels Insurance Inc
320 Gold Ave SW # 700 – Albuquerque, NM 87102 – (505) 766-9676 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque that can give you price quote information.
- John Marcelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
12611 Montgomery, Ste A3 – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 293-0100 – View Map
- Jesse Leal – State Farm Insurance Agent
141 Eubank Blvd – Albuquerque, NM 87123 – (505) 294-8662 – View Map
- Rosendo Aragon – State Farm Insurance Agent
1808 Lomas Blvd NW b – Albuquerque, NM 87104 – (505) 247-2921 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- How much liability coverage do I need in New Mexico?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverage options for a Lexus GS 200t
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Lexus GS 200t.
Due to the fact that many New Mexico drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in New Mexico), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, bail bonds, loss of income and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. New Mexico requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like nursing services, surgery, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your GS 200t resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your GS 200t to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, theft and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find cheap Lexus GS 200t insurance in Albuquerque. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Budget-friendly insurance in Albuquerque can be bought on the web and with local Albuquerque insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Company Car in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for State Employees in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)