It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates once a year are likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your objective, knowing the best way to compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
The most effective way to find lower priced auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Albuquerque.
- First, try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover the details to help keep prices low and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Albuquerque. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Shopping for more affordable car insurance coverage in Albuquerque is not that difficult. If you have a current car insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Shoppers just have to understand the tricks to compare price quotes over the internet.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in New Mexico. If you want cheap car insurance in New Mexico, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Discount Albuquerque insurance quotes
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current 2 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Albuquerque auto insurance quotes online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- E-sign – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up digitally online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts possibly include:
If you are trying to find low cost Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in New Mexico, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent. Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Albuquerque.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Albuquerque that can provide free Albuquerque auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
What type of Albuquerque auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Albuquerque that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- J. B. Martin Insurance Agency
8500 Menaul Blvd NE #345 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 888-8846 – View Map
- Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 881-2645 – View Map
- Associated Insurance Professionals, Inc
1429 Carlisle Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-3704 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Albuquerque that are able to give price quote information.
- Ron Pino – State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 Coors Blvd SW a – Albuquerque, NM 87121 – (505) 877-1391 – View Map
- Chavez Geissler Agency – Farmers Insurance
3517 Wyoming Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 271-2222 – View Map
- Art Sandoval – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 Montgomery Blvd NE #19 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 338-0300 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Mazda 2 Insurance
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most major insurance companies apply better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other Albuquerque 2 insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Premiums for guys may be higher – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Having an address in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Three reasons to insure your Mazda 2
Even though Albuquerque 2 insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda 2 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mazda for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Mazda. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in New Mexico is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistence pays off
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for Mazda 2 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Albuquerque auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Much more information about auto insurance in New Mexico can be read below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- How Much are Albuquerque Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)