Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for low-cost auto insurance rates in Albuquerque, NM? Albuquerque buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Lincoln LS insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Lincoln and find the best price possible either online or from Albuquerque insurance agents.
It’s important to price shop coverage at least once a year because auto insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best premium rates on Lincoln LS insurance in Albuquerque a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the proper way to lower your annual insurance bill.
These techniques will teach you a little about the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the following tips. Drivers just have to understand the quickest method to get comparison rates on the web.
All the larger car insurance companies provide insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing Lincoln LS insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the quote system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on many factors.
Getting online price quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in Albuquerque streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you want to get the most affordable premium.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Albuquerque, NM, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Albuquerque
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Albuquerque auto insurance depending on your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for alternative fuel, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, pay in full, teen driver, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, newly married, new move discount, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Albuquerque. For a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Albuquerque, click here.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Albuquerque, buying car insurance is mandatory in New Mexico but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln LS. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in New Mexico overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Albuquerque.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Albuquerque who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Albuquerque
When narrowing the list to find a local Albuquerque insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Albuquerque are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are independent agencies in Albuquerque who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Commercial West Insurance
2616 Mesilla St NE #2 – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 255-9577 – View Map
- Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 881-2645 – View Map
- Lorraine Y Chavez Insurance Agency, Inc.
8224 Louisiana Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87113 – (505) 821-7123 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agents in Albuquerque that can give you comparison quotes.
- Ray Pratt – State Farm Insurance Agent
9998 Montgomery Blvd NE a – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 298-7579 – View Map
- Erin Carnett – State Farm Insurance Agent
10200 Golf Course Rd NW a – Albuquerque, NM 87114 – (505) 898-4273 – View Map
- Francis Harding – State Farm Insurance Agent
4420 4th St NW – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 242-6231 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to all your questions as well as cheap LS insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage.