It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Albuquerque is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in New Mexico. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Regrettably, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in the U.S. can save nearly $850 each year, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Albuquerque is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners just need to know the most time-saving way to compare rates instantly.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in New Mexico. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in NM, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Discounts can help save money on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Albuquerque
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- No Claims – Albuquerque drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, daytime running lights, driver training, and anti-theft.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, new vehicle, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- Esurance discounts include safety device, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, defensive driver, and emergency road assistance.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, multi-car, and pay in full.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To view auto insurance companies that offer discounts in Albuquerque, click here.
Rates and other information
The data table displayed below covers different insurance costs for Volkswagen Beetle models. Understanding how car insurance prices are established can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$216||$420||$274||$16||$82||$1,008||$84|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$280||$494||$212||$12||$64||$1,062||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in Albuquerque location which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Reckless driving habits raise Albuquerque auto insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and fender-benders can influence Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Albuquerque
The illustration below shows the difference between Volkswagen Beetle insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Mexico. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Beetle book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Six Tips to Get Lower-cost Albuquerque Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are a few of the things that factor into your prices.
Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the New Mexico motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Claim-free discounts can add up – Auto insurance companies in New Mexico generally give most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Bundle policies and save money – Most insurers will give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive your Volkswagen annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Beetle can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the right rating data.
Teen drivers pay higher costs – Teen drivers in New Mexico are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Premiums may be lower depending on your vocation – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as judges, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance loss data for a Volkswagen Beetle – Insurers factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Beetle Convertible||85||78||95||76||89||79|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing rates from local Albuquerque insurance agencies
Many drivers still prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Albuquerque that can give you free Albuquerque auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you want a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following are exclusive agents in Albuquerque willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Rosendo Aragon – State Farm Insurance Agent
1808 Lomas Blvd NW b – Albuquerque, NM 87104 – (505) 247-2921 – View Map
- Rick Buckner – State Farm Insurance Agent
9601 Sage Rd SW d – Albuquerque, NM 87121 – (505) 833-9596 – View Map
- Jesse Dompreh – State Farm Insurance Agent
5850 Eubank NE, Ste B34 – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 294-4422 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Albuquerque that are able to give rate quotes.
- Commercial West Insurance
2616 Mesilla St NE #2 – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 255-9577 – View Map
- Berger Briggs Real Estate and Insurance Inc
4333 Pan American Fwy – Albuquerque, NM 87107 – (505) 247-0444 – View Map
- Associated Insurance Professionals, Inc
1429 Carlisle Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-3704 – View Map
Albuquerque auto insurance companies ranked
Picking a good quality auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Albuquerque. The information displayed below may help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Lower-priced Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Albuquerque can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Albuquerque agents, so get free Albuquerque auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, policy cancellation, poor customer service or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
You just read many tips how you can find lower-cost Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Albuquerque. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)