How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Albuquerque? Being forced to pay for overpriced insurance premiums can bleed your checking account, especially in this economy. Price shopping at each renewal is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your bills every month.
It’s astonishing, but the majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many drivers in America could save an average of as much as $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Hyundai Veracruz in Albuquerque, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the cheapest company.
What Affects Hyundai Veracruz Insurance Costs?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower rates – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Good credit means lower rates – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. People with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Hyundai Veracruz by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Policy add-ons could be costing you – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can add up on your Veracruz policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Driver age impacts rates – Beginning drivers in New Mexico tend to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver onto your car insurance can really hurt. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Albuquerque, NM. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Albuquerque, NM, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage information below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Hyundai Veracruz models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are determined can aid in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Veracruz GLS 2WD||$308||$616||$370||$22||$110||$1,426||$119|
|Veracruz GLS AWD||$348||$616||$370||$22||$110||$1,466||$122|
|Veracruz Limited 2WD||$348||$726||$370||$22||$110||$1,576||$131|
|Veracruz Limited AWD||$348||$726||$370||$22||$110||$1,576||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can affect prices substantially.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below shows the comparison of Hyundai Veracruz annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Mexico. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Veracruz replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Albuquerque, insurance is required by state law in New Mexico and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Veracruz, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked for before being credited.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Albuquerque auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Veracruz insurance costs with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or claims, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, good student, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, federal employee, defensive driver, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Allstate has discounts for FullPay discount, early signing, eSmart discount, safe driver, farm vehicle, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, good student, multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
If you need low cost Albuquerque auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To locate providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in New Mexico, click here to view.
Local Albuquerque car insurance agents and insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Albuquerque that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Albuquerque?
- Is there a local claims center in Albuquerque?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How are claims handled?
When searching for a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Albuquerque who can help you get rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance – The Keller Agency
6321 Riverside Plaza Ln – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 792-6616 – View Map
Ken Brudos – State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Coors Blvd NW – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 836-5060 – View Map
Richard Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
5353 Wyoming Blvd NE b – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 821-6000 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Albuquerque that are able to give price quote information.
Menicucci Insurance Llc
2116 Vista Oeste NW Bldg 5 – Albuquerque, NM 87120 – (505) 883-3683 – View Map
Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 294-1497 – View Map
Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 881-2645 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap rates
You just read many tips how you can shop for Hyundai Veracruz insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Albuquerque auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced car insurance in Albuquerque can be purchased both online and with local Albuquerque insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Albuquerque
Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Albuquerque is to regularly compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in New Mexico.
- First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
More information can be read below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)