We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop for lower prices are likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is why you’re here, understanding the best way to compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find lower priced Kia Sedona insurance in Albuquerque is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in New Mexico.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives tips to lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
This article’s intent is to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Smart shoppers just need to know the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates instantly.
How You Can Control Kia Sedona Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Reserve auto insurance claims for larger damages – Companies in New Mexico give the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like lawyers, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Sedona policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Why do you need liability? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive your Kia in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Sedona may be costing you. Double check that your auto insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage.
Insurance loss data for Kia Sedona vehicles – Insurance companies use historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sedona vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sedona Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sedona 102 64 96 116BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Albuquerque, NM, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The premium table displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Kia Sedona models. Learning more about how insurance policy premiums are established can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Albuquerque which can decrease or increase prices noticeably.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Albuquerque Sedona insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Kia Sedona, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Kia but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to save money.
Don’t overlook these Kia Sedona insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Albuquerque car insurance online.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Kia Sedona insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To locate insurers who offer discounts in Albuquerque, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Albuquerque auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Albuquerque.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Albuquerque that provide free Albuquerque car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Albuquerque for you
When narrowing the list to find a local Albuquerque insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Albuquerque that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Sunset Insurance Corporation
1905 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 247-2578 – View Map
- Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 – Albuquerque, NM 87112 – (505) 294-1497 – View Map
- Associated Insurance Professionals, Inc
1429 Carlisle Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 265-3704 – View Map
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque willing to provide rate quotes.
- Chavez Geissler Agency – Farmers Insurance
3517 Wyoming Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 271-2222 – View Map
- Derek Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87108 – (505) 292-3984 – View Map
- Art Sandoval – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 Montgomery Blvd NE #19 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 338-0300 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How long has their agency been open in Albuquerque?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is the agent properly licensed in New Mexico?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
New Mexico car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the right company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Albuquerque. The information displayed below could help you select which companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Albuquerque Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in New Mexico?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Persistent drivers can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Kia Sedona insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Kia Sedona insurance in Albuquerque. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)