Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Nissan Frontier insurance in Albuquerque is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in New Mexico. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding and bad credit can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for ideas to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will probably move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $850 each year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
How to get low cost Nissan Frontier insurance in Albuquerque
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Albuquerque, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Nissan Frontier insurance rates and statistics
The coverage table shown next showcases estimates of rate quotes for Nissan Frontier models. Learning a little about how rates are figured is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$110||$212||$410||$24||$122||$878||$73|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$130||$212||$410||$24||$122||$898||$75|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$130||$258||$410||$24||$122||$944||$79|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$150||$258||$410||$24||$122||$964||$80|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$150||$258||$410||$24||$122||$964||$80|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$150||$212||$328||$20||$98||$808||$67|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$304||$410||$24||$122||$1,010||$84|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$304||$410||$24||$122||$1,010||$84|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$150||$258||$328||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$168||$258||$328||$20||$98||$872||$73|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$168||$258||$328||$20||$98||$872||$73|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$258||$328||$20||$98||$872||$73|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$258||$328||$20||$98||$872||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Nissan Frontier annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Frontier yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn’t a written rule to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Frontier replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Frontier has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Nissan Frontier but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in New Mexico is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan Frontier insurance in Albuquerque
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Frontier can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below compares Nissan Frontier car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Mexico state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, exclusive group savings, new move discount, newly retired, and new graduate.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, early bird, good student, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, pay in full, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, paperless, multiple vehicles, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, homeowner, bundle discounts, drive less, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Albuquerque. To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in New Mexico, click here.
Comparing rates from local Albuquerque auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Albuquerque who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Albuquerque auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When finding local Albuquerque agents, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Albuquerque agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s important to know the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Albuquerque that are able to give price quote information.
- Ray Pratt – State Farm Insurance Agent
9998 Montgomery Blvd NE a – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 298-7579 – View Map
- Derek Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87108 – (505) 292-3984 – View Map
- Edward Dunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
3750 Juan Tabo Blvd NE Ste E – Albuquerque, NM 87111 – (505) 332-8050 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Albuquerque independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Sunset Insurance Corporation
1905 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 247-2578 – View Map
- Free Market Insurance Agency
6211 San Mateo Blvd NE #120 – Albuquerque, NM 87109 – (505) 881-2645 – View Map
- J B Martin Commercial, Homeowners, Auto, Health and Life Insurance Agency
2800 San Mateo Blvd NE – Albuquerque, NM 87110 – (505) 299-7444 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. But remember, you can always terminate your policy at any point so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific agent for any length of time.
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Nissan Frontier
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Frontier caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Frontier to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. New Mexico state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be enough.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses like X-ray expenses, pain medications and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Nissan Frontier.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in New Mexico), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Quote more to save more
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Frontier insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Albuquerque auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-conscious Nissan Frontier insurance is possible both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Albuquerque Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Albuquerque? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)